Very recently, my friend Louise had a baby girl.
Throughout her entire pregnancy people had said she was having a boy and — given the fact she already has a little boy — it wasn’t beyond the realms of probability!
50/50 in fact ;)
But when the announcement came that my lovely friend was the proud mother of a baby GIRL there was mucho excitement!! Particularly as it meant she could now start looking at lovely feminine nursery styles.
Louise has asked me for some nursery inspiration in green white and yellow. This colour-scheme is so lovely and fresh and as her new baby daughter is called ‘Daisy’ it’s quite a fitting palette too :)
Knowing my friend — and her tastes — I’ve shied away from ultra modern wallcoverings. She and her family live in a period property and I’ve gone for a more classic look, that can grow with Daisy and still work when she’s a little girl — as well as a baby.
Nursery inspiration in green white and yellow
1. Emma Bridgewater ‘Daisy Spot’ wallpaper by Sanderson
2. Georgian Button by Cole and Son
3. Emma Bridgewater ‘Daisy Spot’ wallpaper by Sanderson
4. Day Room Yellow Emulsion by Farrow and Ball
That said, whilst it’s nice to keep the wall coverings fairly neutral, it’s always love to throw in a few lovely bright additions to stop things looking too grown up.
Have a look at these beauties.
1. Skojig work lamp in green, IKEA
2. Yoko screen print, Rachel Powell
3. Nourison Suzani tufted rug, Wayfair
4. Little Suzie Chair, Mini Labo at My Little Square
5. Clouds Change Mat in green, Farge Form at This Modern Life
6. Cloud Shelf in yellow, Coccoli Home
7. Betsy Pastel Cloud mobile, Little Cloud
So, there’s my little round up of nursery inspiration in green white and yellow!
Some of these bits could work equally well for a boys room too — have got my eye on the cloud changing mat, shelf and lamp for the twin’s room (!)— but I’ve thrown in a little splash of pink and a few floral patterns too, to stop it all from looking too ‘samey’.
Perfect pieces for a little girl named Daisy!
I’ve put a Pinterest board together too with more bits and pieces that I’ve found. Pop over and have a look!