I’ve spoken on many occasions about my current work set up.
The fact that I run a design business from home but my office gave way to the boys’ nursery, shortly before they were born, and I’m now working in a slightly nomadic set up.
I have a corner of the dining room for one of my iMacs — the other has sadly been relegated to it’s box — the (enormous) printer sits in another corner and boxes (and boxes) of work stuff — cardstock, materials, tools etc — have been shipped out to various locations. My husband’s work being one.
I think it would be fair to say that it’s not ideal.
I shared my plans for a garden office back in May. Sad to say, things haven’t moved on at all since then.
The reality is very much still in the pipeline, although my boy and I have both agreed that, if we don’t make a start soon — and at least lay a concrete base for my dream home office— then the opportunity will have been missed for this year.
So imagine my excitement then when I saw this *claps hands and squeals*!
We are inviting you to get creative and create a board dedicated to your perfect garden room – we’re talking colour schemes, decorations, furniture ideas and anything that you would put in it.
Get as creative and pin-happy as you like, and you could be in with the chance of winning a brand new Waltons Helios Summerhouse PLUS £250 vouchers to bring your ideas to life.
Waltons — the garden building specialists — are running this fab competition to win a brand new ‘Helios Summerhouse’ PLUS £250 of John Lewis vouchers to kit it out and make your dream home office a reality.
A dream prize indeed!
And if you don’t work from home there are so many other ways you can use a garden building like the one up for grabs; games room, a yoga studio, hobby room, playroom for the kids… the uses are endless.
How to enter
- Follow Waltons on Pinterest (https://uk.pinterest.com/waltonsgarden/)
- Create a board called “My dream garden ___” – fill in the blank with what type of room it will be e.g. My dream garden craft room.
- Pin your favourite garden building from the Waltons site.
- Get pinning!
- COMPETITION NOW CLOSED
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is for UK Residents only.
- You must be over 21 years old to enter this competition.
- This is a one off competition to win a Helios Summerhouse
- There is no alternative prize or cash alternative.
- In order to be entered for the prize you must follow the entry instructions: Follow Waltons Garden Buildings on Pinterest, create a Pinterest board called “my dream garden” and fill in the blank of what type of room it will be. You then have to pin an image of a building from the Waltons website. Once you have created your board, submit the entry using the form. Users can only enter this competition once.
- There is no cost to entering this competition and it is not endorsed by Pinterest.
- The winner will be announced on the 8th September 2015 and will be announced via email and on Facebook.
- The winner has 48 hours to reply. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours the prize will be transferred to another winner.
PHEW! What an awesome prize!
Needless to say, I’ve been pinning like a mad thing and have put together a little Pinterest board of inspiration for my dream garden office/design studio.
Follow The Twinkle Diaries’s board My Dream Garden Design Studio on Pinterest.
The main prize is spectacular enough but with the added bonus of the John Lewis vouchers, you can really go to town on how you’d kit out your perfect space.
Looking at all the lovely images on Pinterest has made me really excited about my dream becoming a reality. Particularly, the thought that finally I may have somewhere to house my 17 years worth of Living Etc magazines once again*.
Pop over and have a look — working from home has never looked so good!
* yes — you read that right — 17 years worth! ;)
Please Vote For Me!
The Twinkle Diaries has been nominated in the Best DIY & Crafts category of the prestigious Amara Interior Blog Awards. It would make my year if you’d spare a couple of minutes to vote for me! Please click the badge below to vote.
This post was written in collaboration with Waltons but all thoughts and words, as ever, are my own.