More often than not our monthly Me and Mine pics are literally just me and my three lovely boys. Taken — with alarming regularity — at the last minute. Often with a phone/ without makeup (me, not the boys)/ sometimes on the sofa because we can’t actually be bothered to move from the house.
But this month it’s all change! Oh yes.
We’re bucking the trend and our September Me and Mine pics and — similar to the July ones — are marking a family get-together. And not only that — this month (hallelujah) I’m on time!!
Last weekend, it was my little niece’s 4th birthday.
Her actual party was held at a local soft play centre but afterwards, we hotfooted it down to a village pub and settled in for the afternoon, for a late lunch/early tea.
So as well as being the boys and me, there was my sister and her little family. Our mum and dad, plus my brother-in-law’s mum and step-father.
Lots of delicious food, much wine and good company made for a very lovely afternoon indeed.
And the perfect setting for this month’s photos.
Me and Mine in September
So, September, in a nutshell:
This month’s highs ~
• Imogen’s birthday party and getting to spend time with our nearest and dearest.
• Getting our dining room makeover finished — finally!
• Going to this year’s MADS awards, hanging out with the girls and seeing my lovely friend Karen win best travel blogger for the second year in a row.
• Getting excited about going to Cornwall next year!
• Preparing for next month’s Halloween party and eating my bodyweight in sugar skull biscuits.
This month’s lows ~
• Saying goodbye to the summer.