Another busy, busy month for me and mine. SO many things have been happening, I feel as though I’m in the centre of my own mini whirlwind.
The biggest and best opportunity to come this month was being asked to be an official blogger for Camp Bestival. I still cannot believe my luck to be honest!
Funnily enough in the ‘getting to know me‘ vlog that I did, when asked what my dream collaboration would be, blogging for a festival was on that list! The fact that it’s actually happening — and tomorrow at that — is extraordinary.
Heaven knows I work so very hard on my blog and that — coupled with trying to run my business, and a home plus look after two tiny boys during the day — leaves me pretty exhausted a lot of the time.
When rewards like this happen it makes it all so worth it.
We’ve bought a new caravan too! Sadly it won’t be ready to take this weekend but we’ve got so many exciting plans for it :) Watch this space. No doubt there will be a LOT of chat in the coming months in reference to Dolly mark two!
The weather this month has been pretty hit and miss. Considering we’re in the middle of summer, it hasn’t felt very summery on occasions. Being stuck indoors because it’s grey and wet is not great for anyone but the boys are like tiny caged animals on days like that.
But the tiny caged animals are well and truly going to be let loose tomorrow! A full — long — weekend of freedom.
Bring it on.The roundup for July goes a little like this…
This month’s highs ~
• Being made a brand ambassador for Camp Bestival.
• Getting to spend the next few days with some of our bests — the boys’ guideparents — who happen to be going too!
• Our fabulous annual family barbecue — always a winner. I love it.
• Having my bedroom makeover post featured on the Laura Ashley blog.
• Seeing one of our dearest friends in London on Tuesday. Will write about that later!
This month’s lows ~
• My lovely friend Julia, who blogs at Rainbeaubelle, lost her beloved husband Rog to cancer. An outcome that we knew was coming but his passing still felt like such a shock. It’s so very awful and sad. She’s been so immensely brave over the last few months and and I’m so proud of her.