And like a flash, January is over for another year. It’s been a strange month. Full of germs. The nursery bugs have certainly got us in their grasp.
My boy has had a demon of a cold — lost his voice — and is still hacking and coughing more than three weeks later.
The Twinkles have picked up a new ailments from nursery each week; sniffles, rasping coughs, tummy bugs, eye and ear infections.
It is well documented that children are susceptible to illness when they begin nursery but, until it happened, I really didn’t realise quite how much.
Perhaps it’s more noticeable because we have two?
I don’t know.
But, certainly, if one doesn’t catch it — the other definitely will.
They have been such healthy little boys since they were born but, since November, when they started at the pre-school they have caught all the nursery viruses going.
And in turn, so have we.
No Cake Due to Nursery Illness Shocker!
I celebrate my birthday in this month but due to a tummy bug there was no celebration this year.
So January — full of illness and buggy as hell — I shan’t be sorry to say goodbye to you!
This month’s Highs
• Collecting our new kitten (my Christmas present from Mr D!
• The boys (man shaped boy and the two tinies) enjoyed eating mama’s birthday cake.
• We are all loving ‘The Tiger Who Came To Tea‘ at bedtime.
• The Twinkles seeing the snow for the very first time.
• Poppa coming out of hospital and finally on the mend!
• Receiving the boys’ first nursery report — gold stars all round!
This Month’s Lows
• Mama didn’t get to eat birthday cake (too poorly).
• Lots of nasty bugs.
Here are this months pics; they’re a bit blurry in places but I love them.
Especially the one with Pearl (one of our chickens) :)