And like a flash, January is over for another year.
It’s been a strange month. Full of germs.
My boy has had a demon of a cold — lost his voice — and is still hacking and coughing more than three weeks later. The Twinkles have picked up a new ailments from nursery each week; sniffles, rasping coughs, tummy bugs, eye and ear infections.
It is well documented that children are susceptible to illness when they begin nursery but, until it happened, I really didn’t realise quite how much.
Perhaps it’s more prevalent because we have two? I don’t know. Certainly, if one doesn’t catch it, the other definitely will. They have been such healthy little boys since they were born but, since November, when they started at the nursery they have caught everything going.
And in turn, so have we.
I celebrate my birthday in this month but due to a tummy bug there was no celebration this year.
So January — full of ills — I shan’t be sorry to say goodbye to you!
This month’s highs ~
• Collecting our new kitten (my Christmas present from The Twinkles’ Daddy)!
• The boys (man shaped boy and the two tinies) enjoyed eating mama’s birthday cake.
• We are all loving ‘The Tiger Who Came To Tea’ at bedtime.
• The Twinkles seeing the snow for the very first time.
• Poppa coming out of hospital and finally on the mend!
• Receiving the boys’ first nursery report — gold stars all round!
This month’s lows ~
• Mama didn’t get to eat birthday cake (too poorly).
• Lots of nasty bugs.
Here are this months pics. They’re a bit blurry in places but I loved them Especially the one with Pearl (one of our chickens) :)
If you haven’t already, pop along to the lovely Lucy, at her amazing blog, to see what she and her gorgeous boys have been up to!