So yesterday I received a tweet from the lovely Aby, who blogs over at at YouBabyMeMummy, to say she has nominated me for a One Lovely Blog Award.
To say I’m chuffed is an understatement! My little blog is certainly not as well-read — or as full of content — as a lot of the blogs out there. It was started purely as a cathartic exercise to record how I was feeling during my twin pregnancy and has continued to chart the growth and milestones of my baby boys ever since. With the addition of a few homes and interiors posts thrown in for good measure!
To think that someone with such an established blog, such as Aby, has even given it a second thought feels really special. And I’m very grateful :)
The rules for this One Lovely Blog award are simple:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
2. Share seven facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 or so bloggers that you admire.
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the nomination.
So without further ado, my seven facts — in no particular order — are:
- From the ages of 16-22, I presented a weekly 2 hour show on a pirate radio station.
- My friends and I once followed Prince (the artist formerly known as a symbol) and his entourage from Manchester to London, through the night, in a movie-worthy car chase. Running red lights, reversing up sliproads on motorways (them — not us!) and other ridiculously reckless behaviour to catch a glimpse of our idol. Which we did, eventually.
- I was an art-director for over 15 years. I shot both fashion and homeware for brands such as Freemans, John Lewis, Tesco and M&S, to name a few. I worked in lovely locations (Barbados) and grubby East-End studios but loved every single day on the job. And I was really, really good at it (which is a rare thing to be able to say).
- My beautiful boy and I have been together for nearly 20 years. We met in our favourite London club, Turnmills, which has since been razed to the ground and have been together ever since. Our club may have been destroyed but our love is still going strong and we can occasionally be found dancing the night away in various festival fields, rather than on a dancefloor!
- Our amazing Twinkles were conceived after 7 long years of trying for a baby. We had all but given up hope and they were the miraculous product of our third — and last — round of IVF.
- I used to have crippling arachnophobia. I couldn’t even look at a picture of a spider in a magazine — or on the TV — let alone see one in real life without hyperventilating and freaking out. But before journeying to Australia, in 2002, I attended the Friendly Spider Programme at London Zoo and am now totally cured!! It’s an incredible course for arachnophobes and I can honestly say it has revolutionised my entire life.
- I am totally and utterly obsessed with homes and interiors and have got every singe back copy of Living Etc since it was first published in 1998. Funnily enough, as my career progressed, I worked with a lot of the photographers that I used to hold in such high esteem. And now, I am proud to call them my friends, and value them even higher.
And my one lovely blog award goes to…
I think lots of people have probably already been nominated by now so please accept my apologies if you have but, nevertheless, here are my nominations for the blogs I admire and love.
Katy from Treat The Skin You’re In
Lucy at Capture By Lucy
Vicki from Honest Mum
Mammy at Mammy in Wonderland
Jenny at Let’s Talk Mommy
Carie at Space For The Butterflies
Heledd at Running in Lavender
Over to you now girls, if you’d like to join in. No pressure, if not, but I just wanted you to know that I think your blogs are a real inspiration and truly worthy winners of the One Lovely Blog award!! x