May. What a fabulous, brilliant month! The busiest — without question — since the babies arrived.
Every spare moment was spent planning and organising their naming ceremony and all I can say is that every single second, that was given over to thinking about their big day, was time very well spent
Our American friends had come over for the celebration and stayed for a week; bringing their 4 year old. The house was full and noisy and buzzing with excitement for the party.
The day itself was incredible. I had been praying on every bit of sky for the weeks leading up to it and wishing for sunny weather on May 17th. My cosmic order was well and truly lodged; I couldn’t have made it any plainer. Thankfully, the universe was listening and granted us — without question — the most beautiful, perfect, blue-sky day of the year so far.
Staverton looked resplendent in it’s springtime finery — the yellow roses on the house and rape-fields in the distance had all cleverly joined in and were coordinating beautifully with our colour-scheme.
The marquee looks amazing; nobody would have guessed that at 7pm, the night before, we just had a large tent full of tables and chairs!! Our lovely friends had all come together and worked tirelessly to get it ready for the next day. It was perfect.
This months ‘Me & Mine’ photos were taken at the beginning of the day — with our parents and the babies guide-parents — and then on our own at the end of the day; the babies had both lost their trousers and their daddy and I were looking equally dishevelled! That said, we were SO happy!!!! And whilst I don’t need any photographs to remind myself what an amazing day it was — as it will be etched into my memory for the rest of my life — the ones we have perfectly capture it and I’m so happy we’ve got a visual record, for the babies to see when they’re older.
Pictures that show them just HOW loved they are and how much everyone who came along to celebrate their precious little lives is as delighted, as we are, that they are here!
So to recap… in May:
The Twinkles Momma was loving…
• Making our promises to the babies, in front of our family and friends.
• Seeing all my favourite people in one place — a rare and magical thing.
• Wearing a sunny yellow frock and feeling so happy!
• Having our friend’s come over from New York to visit.
• The fact the The Twinkles daddy and I celebrated 18 years together!
The Twinkles Daddy was loving…
• Getting all creative and making signs for the naming day!
• Having his ‘twin’ come over to see him from the U.S
• Seeing all his friend’s and family in one place.
• Seeing just how much our babies are loved!
• The pig roast and the sweet bar! :)
Bertie-Bean was loving…
• Practicing his walking!!!
• Wearing his very smart new shirt; made by nanny Viv.
• Taking his shoes off.
• Seeing mama — or daddy — through a crowd of faces! Aaaah!
• Being able to play in the big bell tent in total safety.
Cosmo-Bear was loving…
• Walking (a bit like a drunken sailor!).
• Also wearing his very smart new shirt; made by nanny Viv.
• All the attention he had while the Americans were here!!
• Playing outside and walking on the grass. Unaided!!
• Being with lots of other children at his naming day!