A little meme has been doing the rounds recently called
’50 things that makes me happy’.
The clue is in the name; what makes you happy? I have been tagged by my lovely friend Aby, who blogs over at YouBabyMeMummy, to give my answers.
So here goes…
1. My three boys — tiny boys and big man-shaped boy.
2. Pottering about at home.
3. A new, unread, interiors magazine.
4. Blue skies.
5. Family get-togethers (especially our big summer barbecue).
6. The smell of freshly cut grass.
7. Picking my babies up from nursery and seeing their faces light up when they see me.
8. Holidays; in the UK, abroad, even bank holidays. I love them all.
10. Dancing in a field in my wellies.
12. My lovely friends.
13. Collecting the eggs from our hen-house.
15. Seeing Dolly pull up outside the house = adventures :)
16. A cup of freshly brewed tea.
17. My cats (AKA furry faced children).
18. Beautiful stationery.
22. A busy, noisy house full of our nearest and dearest.
23. Fresh flowers in a vase.
24. Daylight (I hate it when it’s grey and overcast).
25. Buying or making new things for our home.
26. Buying new things for the twins.
27. A cold, frosty, Gin and tonic.
28. Eggs Benedict.
29. Kicking a big pile of crunchy autumn leaves.
30. Gardening and seeing things grow.
32. Spending time with my boy. Together for almost 20 years and I still can’t get enough of him!
33. Trashy TV; Housewives of Cheshire, TOWIE, Made In Chelsea. Love it all :)
35. The babies’ long lunchtime nap. 2 hours to get things done.
36. Working for myself. A luxury I’ll never take for granted.
37. The run up to Christmas — the beginning of December is always so exciting!
40. Watching my tiny boys play.
41. Hearing them laugh.
43. Music. Hurrah for iPods, Spotify and the Sonos.
44. Dancing wildly in the kitchen, when no-one’s looking.
45. Poring over Rightmove, at houses we’ll never be able to afford!
46. Long, lazy lunches with our friends and their children.
47. The colour yellow.
48. Finding a pair of jeans that fit nicely.
49. Being a mama. I can’t quite put into words how happy that makes me.
So there we have it. 50 things that make me happy.
What are yours?