A couple of weeks ago I did my first vlog (video blog for those of you not up to date with this new social media lingo).
Not sure it was something I felt entirely comfortable with but — lo and behold — I’ve just done another one!
My friend Aby has teamed up with the lovely Amy, who blogs at Mr and Mrs T Plus Three, and they’ve just started a ‘vlog’ linky. Basically it’s a chance to join in each month and answer some simple questions —in the form of moving pictures — rather than just typing the answers out.
This month’s topic is ‘Getting To Know Me’.
Here are the questions:
- Introduce yourself, tell us a bit about your family
- Tell us the story behind your blog name?
- How long have you been blogging/vlogging for?
- Why do you like vlogging?
- How regularly do you vlog?
- What’s a fav vlog you’ve made so far and why?
- What do you use to film your vlogs?
- How much effort goes into filming and editing each vlog?
- Do you have a favourite vlogger?
- What would be your dream brand collaboration?
- If you could only blog OR vlog from now on, which would you chose?
- Tell us a funny story about you!
I still find the the ‘vlogging’ idea a really strange one and have no idea why anybody would want to watch me babbling away for a minute — let alone 12! But hey.
It’s a weird old concept isn’t it?
That said, I quite enjoyed watching this back. Apologies in advance for my ‘funny story’. I did ask Dickie whether I should have kept it in but as he said, ‘it was almost 20 years ago and everyone has a Bridget Jones moment in their lives don’t they?’.
Ahem. *blushing* So here it is.
NB: I just want to add something to answer 8.
Effort for filming and editing this little film was minimal — uploading to YouTube on the other hand?? 2 days.
2 days? Really.
Now I know we live in the countryside but you’d expect upload speeds to be a little quicker in this day and age. Perhaps if I start next month’s Vlog Stars offering now, I *might* just have it uploaded in time.